Born in 1845, Fernet Branca is produced according to a secret recipe, which has never been disclosed and is still kept by the family today. The secret of its unique, unmistakable taste lies in the wise combination of plants used in its preparation: 27 herbs picked in 4 continents and aged in oak casks for over a year.
,Some of the herbs used are the following:
- Aloes: a natural source of a great deal of important nutritional elements. Antioxydant Aloes has revitalizing properties,
- Gentian root: it grows in the mountains.
- Rhubarb: a tonic and depurative,
- Gum Myrrh: anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibactrial properties,
- Red Cinchona bark: a natural tonic.
Alcohol consumption can be harmful. Drink moderately.